Open Research Online Policies
Content Policy- for types of document held
- This is an institutional repository.
- Open Research Online is restricted to peer-reviewed published research only:
(a) Journal articles
(b) Conference and workshop papers
(c) Books, chapters and sections
(d) Research reports and other special item types
- Deposited items may include the full text of the author's final peer-reviewed draft or the publisher's final published version, depending on the conditions of the copyright-holder's policy.
Submission Policy- concerning depositors, quality & copyright
- Items may only be deposited by academic staff of the institution, or their delegated agents.
- Before items are made available publicly, a member of library staff will:
(a) Verify the item is within the scope of Open Research Online
(b) Add any missing metadata and edit any inaccuracies in existing metadata
(c) Check any full text submitted can be used under the policy of the copyright-holder, and enter any embargo period stipulated
- If Open Research Online receives proof of copyright violation, the relevant item will be removed immediately.
- All other takedown requests will be reviewed by Open Research Online staff and acted upon swiftly and appropriately.
Metadata Policy- for information describing items in the repository
- Anyone may access the metadata free of charge.
- The metadata may be re-used in any medium without prior permission for not-for-profit purposes provided the OAI Identifier or a link to the original metadata record is given.
- The metadata must not be re-used in any medium for commercial purposes without formal permission.
Data Policy- for full-text and other full data items
- Anyone may access full text items free of charge.
- Copies of full text items can be:
(a) reproduced, and displayed or performed in any format or medium for personal research or study, educational, or not-for-profit purposes without prior permission or charge
(i) the authors, title and full bibliographic details are referenced
(ii) the URL for the original page on Open Research Online is provided
(iii) the content is not changed in any way
- Full text items must not be sold commercially in any format or medium without formal permission of the copyright holders.
- Items will be retained indefinitely.
- Open Research Online will try to ensure continued readability and accessibility.
- Open Research Online regularly backs up its files according to current best practice.
- Items may be removed at the request of the author/copyright holder.
- Withdrawn items' identifiers/URLs are not retained.
- If necessary, an updated version may be deposited.
(a) The earlier version may be withdrawn from public view.