Ribbens McCarthy, Jane (2006). Young People's Experiences Of Loss And Bereavement: Towards An Interdisciplinary Approach. Maidenhead, UK: Open University Press.
|Google Scholar:||Look up in Google Scholar|
Evidence shows that bereavement is an issue that touches the lives of the majority of young people, and yet it is often left to the province of specialists. This timely book provides the first in-depth, interdisciplinary overview of our knowledge and theorizing of bereavement and young people including the voices of young people, as well as major statistical studies of cohorts of young people followed over many years.
Taking a broad sweep across a great range of relevant literatures, this book breaks new ground in spanning theoretical issues and empirical research to examine critically what we know about this important ' but often neglected ' issue. It also features in-depth original case studies of young people who have experienced bereavement and uses these as a basis for exploring how loss and bereavement impact upon young people's lives.
Young People's Experiences of Loss and Bereavement provides essential reading on issues of loss, change and bereavement for students, researchers and professionals across a wide range of health and social care disciplines, especially those involving family and youth work.
* case studies and other evidence of how young people discuss their experiences of bereavement
* the theoretical history of research into bereavement and young people
* the empirical evidence of bereavement as a 'risk factor' in the lives of young people
* the social and cultural contexts of bereavement, and approaches to education and intervention
* the implications for policy makers and practitioners developing best procedures and practice for working with bereavement young people.
|Item Type:||Authored Book|
|Copyright Holders:||2006 Jane Ribbens McCarthy|
|Academic Unit/Department:||Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS) > History, Religious Studies, Sociology, Social Policy and Criminology
Faculty of Arts and Social Sciences (FASS)
|Interdisciplinary Research Centre:||Centre for Citizenship, Identities and Governance (CCIG)|
|Depositing User:||Jane Ribbens McCarthy|
|Date Deposited:||18 Sep 2007|
|Last Modified:||02 Aug 2016 13:09|
|Share this page:|