(2002). Governance, autonomy and accountability in education.
In: Preedy, Maggie; Wise, Christine and Glatter, Ron eds.
Strategic leadership and educational improvement.
Leading and managing for effective education.
London, UK: Sage, pp. 44–59.
The editors believe that strategic understanding and involvement should be a central concern for all organization members and that, in order to be effective, strategic planning needs the commitment and ownership of all staff, not just senior managers. The book covers:
- political, social and ideological contexts
- governance and links with external stakeholders
- organizational collaboration, competition, partnership
- external/internal culture, and internal structures
- strategic leadership and managing change
- organizational effectiveness, accountability and evaluation
Actions (login may be required)