(2005). Urbanization, poverty, and crime.
In: Martel, Gordon ed.
A Companion to Europe 1900-1945.
Blackwell companions to European History.
Oxford, UK: Blackwell, pp. 3–18.
Full text available as:
Due to copyright restrictions, this file is not available for public download
This chapter considers the nature of urban life in early twentieth-century Europe.
About the book:
- This volume brings together a distinguished group of international scholars to discuss the major debates in the study of early twentieth-century Europe.
- Brings together contributions from a distinguished group of international scholars.
- Provides an overview of current thinking on the period.
Traces the great political, social and economic upheavals of the time.
- Illuminates perennial themes, as well as new areas of enquiry.
- Takes a pan-European approach, highlighting similarities and differences across nations and regions.
Actions (login may be required)