Nollywood on the Move: Nigeria on display.
Trier: Wissenschaftlicher Verlag (forthcoming).
PART I – EXPOSING HOME TRUTHS
1. Scholars on Nollywood: a fast growing interest
2. Achebe’s legacy, from book to screen
3. Meeting with the ghosts – Nigerian videos and their ancestral ties
4. Nigerian video-films on History: daring to screen the hurt
5. Threatened childhood: a disturbing reality
6. Witchcraft, pastors and native doctors
7. Women in need – the widows’ plight
8. Taboos – how far have we gone?
PART II – REACHING OUT
9. A nation on the road
10. Across languages - issues in subtitling, dubbing and translation
11. The reception and impact of Nollywood in France
12. The Eldorado mirage
13. NGOs and the Nigerian screen: the film as a tool
14. The West on Nollywood: cinematic responses
15. Language & identity: impacting diasporic communities
16. Sharing across cultures: an impossible dream?
Actions (login may be required)