Coleman, James A.
(2005). Where do our graduates go? Languages and careers.
In: Coleman, James A. and Klapper, John eds.
Effective learning and teaching in Modern Languages.
Effective Learning and Teaching in Higher Education.
Routledge/Falmer, pp. 17–22.
About the book: Tailored to meet the needs of teachers, lecturers and tutors of modern languages, this comprehensive guide will help you to improve your understanding of the subject and will also enhance your practice in the classroom.
Effective Learning and Teaching in Modern Languages offers insights from the latest research into learning and teaching a language, and also outlines innovative teaching techniques, covering all the critical subjects including:
* the demands made of students and staff in modern languages
* the Four Skills: assessment, grammar, vocabulary and translation
* technology-enhanced learning
* residence abroad
* subdisciplines such as business, area, cultural and literary studies, and linguistics
* professional development.
Providing both a clear overview of the discipline and a wealth of techniques, practical advice and useful resources, this book will be welcomed by lecturers or tutors new to the profession and experienced lecturers wanting to keep up with the latest developments and improve their students' learning.
Actions (login may be required)